I downloaded The Reader because I want to see what's the fuss about since the movie has been nominated as the best movie for the Oscar award. Being nominated along with Slumdog Millionaire and Milk would consider the movie to be a masterpiece worth watching right? I thought when Kate Winslet won the best female actor it means that she has done a pretty amazing job and her movie has to be good to deserve this award.
To a bit of my dismay, while watching this movie with Emah, I found myself shrieking and covering my eyes all the time from the unexpected scene that keeps flashing in front of us. We were like "eeeiiuuww..ape nie!" I never expected that there's going to be a full body exposure! Kate was having an affair with a young teenage boy in the story (cougar phenomena just like me and Emah.Haha) and it's kind of awkward for us to look at. I have to close my eyes and asked Emah to say when it's over.
Overall the story is supposed to be meaningful apart from the nude scenes, what the guy did to the old lady was very sweet indeed. The lady never knew how to read and the guy will read to her everyday on Literature stuff like Odyssey and The lady and a Dog by Anton Checkov (I read this in Matric. hehe). So when the lady got prosecuted for involving in the holocaust (she's a guard and she helps killing all those innocent jews), the guy records his reading of hundreds of books and gives it to her (tapes and the player) every month so that she can listen to it while she's in prison.
Well the story is more complicated than that. I am in no condition to write all about it in here. You have to see it to feel it. However, please watch the censored version one because you'll be gaging yourself to death. Haha. Literally.

5 comments:
ira. its 5 in the morn. can i watch the movie? the naked version? hahahaha.
alia. it's 5 in the morn. u shud be sleeping. still sleeping. hehehe.
"You have to see it to feel it"
Ira, me want to see it tp bhgn censored tu u censored kan la...atau suh emah dtg n tell me when is the censored parts....hahahahahaha
ak pun nk tgk cerita ni gak..like u said it was nominatd...jd nk tgk...dah tgk trailer dia mcm best je cita dia...i want to know what happen to kate since in the trailer she was put on trial...
mau tgk...mau tgk...huhuhuhuuhu
haish..nnt kite kasi k..
tgk je sume tuh..
sume dah besar kan?
pandai2 la tutup mata..
kekekeke....
kalau kita xtutup mata dah. tgk je. hahahahhaha.
Post a Comment