Saturday, June 13, 2009

History behind my job.

Now that I have a lil bit time on my own, I probably should start writing bout my job. You know. What I do n stuff. Last few posts have been very vague I guessed. Leaving everyone wondering helplessly what I do at the moment. So here goes.


It started when Emah told me that there's an opening in Maybank for the post of Customer Service and she told me to email my resume with her. (Now you might notice that Emah is like my personal tukang-carik-kerja)

On the following week, we got a call saying that we have to attend the interview on Friday morning. (owh how excited we were. dah berangan kerja sama2 dah)

So we went and we got to know that the post is under ETiQa insurance and the job is to answer calls regarding insurance stuff. And we also found out that there's only ONE opening. *GASP*

I was quite reluctant about it and hoping that I didn't get the job cause I know nothing bout insurance at all and I know Emah deserves it more than I do. This is her opportunity from the very beginning.

Later that evening, I got a call from the person who interviewed me and said that I got the job. My heart went pitter-patter then dropped straight to the bottom of my stomach.

I was not happy with the news. I don't want the job but everyone keeps saying that I have to try. I felt guilty too. This is supposed to be Emah's chance but I took it away. ( Emah I'm sowiee)

Well I did try and go for the job. At first it was hard because I have to read a lot about insurance and there's a lot of economic jargons that keeps popping out which I could not understand up until now. ( Do you know that "rider" is an additional protection for an insurance? I thought rider was meant for bikers like Zahar)

I felt like giving up and I got sick some more. ( Yeah I got tonsillitis and I thought I'm gonna die with the swine flu or something) (thank God no)

The only good thing about the job is the colleagues and the environment.

They make me want to stay and they make me feel good about the job. Well they sure do talk a lot though. So that makes me happy.

After two weeks of training with the seniors, I guess I'm ready to answer calls and work as a consultant in Contact Centre of Bance Life Insurance under ETiQa Insurance Berhad. (phewh.. *wiping forehead*)

I now officially have a job.

Owh it is in Dataran Maybank, Bangsar. Quite far from my house but thank God for LRT, it only takes 20 minutes.

And talk about going to work with LRT, some other time I will tell you guys how excruciating it is every morning for me. and also every evening. to get to that freaking job.

3 comments:

alia said...

my ira all grown up
:)

iwa xaqi said...

uhu...me all grown up..
*puke*

alia said...

mok awat nak puke. sungguh la statement tu. dah ada keje kan. emah pun dah grow up.
haih. aku nak gheja gakkk.

My photo
ordinary. nothing extraordinary. just a little bitchy at heart. but will never admit it. i'm pretty nice n nerdy. u nice to me. i nice to u. it's that simple.